Early each summer when fresh blueberries are plumb and ripe, I make Blueberry Buckle. At the end of each summer when the peaches are fragrant and juicy, I make Peach Buckle. This cake is buttery, moist, and delicious. It tastes like sweet summer sunshine. I hope you’ll give it a try.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large, ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into bite-size pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by lining the bottom with parchment paper and spraying the paper and side wall with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until sugar is melted and mixture is smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until fully incorporated. Add vanilla and mix it in well. Batter will be stiff. Stir in the peaches until they’re mostly coated with the batter. Use a rubber spatula to transfer the batter to the pan, making sure to get every last drop of batter. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the side wall before opening the spring and removing side wall. Enjoy this cake on its own or with softly whipped cream. It’s also great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Looking for a great Beach Read? RECLAIM MY HEART is sure to satisfy your need!
USA Today Bestseller
Sixteen years ago, Tyne Whitlock cut all ties to her past and left town under the shameful shadow of a teenage pregnancy. Now her fifteen-year-old son is in trouble with the law, and she is desperate for help. But reaching out to high-powered attorney Lucas Silver Hawk will tear open the heart-wrenching past in ways Tyne never imagined.
Forced to return to the Delaware Indian community where Lucas was raised, Tyne and Lucas are tempted by the heated passion that consumed them as teens. Tyne rediscovers all the reasons she found this man irresistible, but there are scandalous secrets waiting to be revealed, disgraceful choices made in the past that cannot be denied. Love is a powerful force that could heal them both—if the truth doesn’t rip them apart.
Available for Kindle worldwide.
Available in Paperback and an MP3 CD and in Audio. The audiobook is FREE with a free trial of Amazon Prime.
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three-time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, a Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time winner of Best Romance of the Year given by BigAl’s Books & Pals Review Blog. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #5.