It seems as if we’ve had one, long on-going party this month. So I have to ask… what is your favorite February holiday? February is the shortest month of the year, but my-oh-my wait until you read what a fantastic month it is!
Okay, we all know that it is Valentine’s Day in the middle of the month, but have a glimpse of all the special ways Americans celebrate February!
- 1st – LUNAR YEAR and NATIONAL DARK CHOCOLATE DAY! Who knew?
- 2nd – GROUNDHOG DAY AND NATIONAL TATOR TOT DAY! Whoopie!
- 3rd – NATIONAL GOLDEN RETRIEVER DAY and OPTIMIST DAY! Yeah!
- 4th – NATIONAL THANK A MAIL CARRIER DAY! Hope you didn’t miss it!
- 5th – ICE CREAM FOR BREAKFAST DAY! Especially loved by all children!
- 6th – NATIONAL CHOPSTICKS DAY–bet you didn’t see that one coming!
- 9th – NATIONAL PIZZA DAY! Bet no one missed that!
Let’s skip ahead to:
- 13th – SUPERBOWL SUNDAY! A day to pretend to love Football, unless you do!
- 14th – VALENTINE’S DAY AND NATIONAL CLEAN OUT YOUR COMPUTER!
- 16th – FAT TUESDAY! We can eat all we want!
- 17th – ASH WEDNESDAY AND NATIONAL RANDOM ACTS IF KINDNESS!
- 18th – NATIONAL DRINK WINE DAY–Yippee!
- 21st – PRESIDENT’S DAY!
- 29th – LEAP DAY!
Bottom line—you can celebrate anything you want on any day you want—and nobody will know the difference!
We all need to celebrate, don’t we? Forget the dark days and look up to see the sun, or glimpse a falling star, a full moon in all its glory. I enjoy celebrating all the wonders of the world for we are fortunate to live on this beautiful planet.
Author Billboard always has a great many books for FREE or ON SALE every month! Please check them out!
For most of February, I have discounted SERENDIPITY FALLS, 3 book set. You will fall in love with the mischievous Cupid and the magic of love.
Patrice Wilton knew from the age of twelve that she wanted to write books that would take the reader to faraway places. She was born in Vancouver, Canada, and had a great need to see the world that she had read about.
Patrice became a flight attendant for seventeen years and traveled the world. At the age of forty she sat down to write her first book—in longhand! Her interests include tennis, golf, and writing stories for women of all ages.
She is a mother of two, has four lovely grand-daughters, and a wonderful man at her side. They live in West Palm Beach, Florida, where he teaches her golf, and she teaches him patience.
Her best selling books are the CANDY BAR series, SERENDIPITY FALLS series, and most recently PARADISE COVE and A CHRISTMAS COLLECTION series. She is a New York Times best selling author.