My husband and I have been married for… well, let’s just say we’ve been together a LONG time. Our relationship is strong; we can count on each other when the chips are down, we’re loyal, thrifty, and trustworthy. Although those traits are vital to a successful partnership, they can sound awfully boring! Couples who have been together for many years know that keeping the romance alive in a relationship is really important. Here’s a list of 8 ways to keep the romance alive:
- Light candles, put on some Michael Bublé, and enjoy a quiet dinner together.
- Let Michael continue to croon and do a little dancing.
- Pop some popcorn and watch a football, soccer, or hockey game together. (No, I’m not a sports fan, but sometimes it’s good to leap out of your comfort zone… especially if it’s for something he enjoys.)
- Visit Italy! Rent Roman Holiday, make (or buy) some bruschetta served on toasted baguette slices, sip wine, snuggle.
- Play a board game. A little competition can make the evening fun!
- Settle on the sofa and take turns asking questions. Even a couple who has been married forever can find out new things about each other. If you need help, try a game that stirs interesting conversation.
- Light a fire and roast marshmallows.
- Massage! From a simple head rub or foot rub to an all-out full body massage, this kind of attention is a great way to show your mate how much you care. If you give one, maybe he/she will reciprocate. And who knows where that might lead? *wink*
Okay, now it’s your turn. Help me add to this list! What are your ideas for a romantic evening with the one you love? How do you spark intimacy between you and your partner?
~ ~ ~
About the author: Donna Fasano is a USA Today Bestselling Author who has written over 30 romance and women’s fiction titles. Her books have won awards, have been translated into nearly two dozen languages, and have sold four million copies worldwide. To learn more about Donna, visit her blog, or find her on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Are you an avid romance reader? Join Donna’s Street Team: The Prima Donnas.
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three-time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, a Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time winner of Best Romance of the Year given by BigAl’s Books & Pals Review Blog. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #5.