I’m big on quotes and usually share some encouraging words on my personal Facebook page each day. Overnight, I heard of the death of someone from my church, who had recently been ill. The news served to remind me of how tenuous life is and the fact that we should appreciate each moment for the joys and potential pain they bring. I like to say, every day above ground is a good day.
As much as we may not all believe it, it’s the little things that make life worth living. For me, all of the following help me appreciate life as I know it, as well as the people around me.
- A good morning greeting from a stranger.
- A baby’s smile and delight at learning something new.
- The rustle of the wind and its caress against my skin.
- Sharing a joke with friends.
- Being with relatives for a family get-together.
- Enjoying a good story.
- Hitting my stride while writing a story.
- Listening to my son as he shares his dreams and vision.
- Spending time praying and meditating.
- Being a part of ministry activities.
What are some of the things that bring you pleasure?
The story I’m sharing with you, Sacrifice, is about a couple who have had their lives upended by the loss of their daughter, but their faith eventually brings them back to center. It’s on special at 0.99, so if you like inspirational stories, be sure to grab your copy here.
National Bestselling Author, J.L. Campbell writes in a range of genres. Campbell, who hails from Jamaica, has penned forty books. She is a certified editor, and book coach. When she’s not writing, Campbell adds to her extensive collection of photos detailing Jamaica’s flora and fauna. Visit her on the web at amazon.com/author/jlcampbell or www.joylcampbell.com