I tend to be a packrat, but lately, life has taught me that I need to let go to make room for new things. In recent times, I received the gift of a new wardrobe. It was unexpected but received with gratitude. The challenging part has been what to give away to make room for this blessing.
There are so many pieces in my wardrobe that I’ve had for years but have only worn once or twice. I’m sure these would have been of benefit to others if I had made the time to de-clutter, but it’s never too late, so this has been an ongoing process.
I’ve taken away the following from this experience:
- Don’t block other people’s blessings. If a gift is offered, accept it in the spirit in which it is given.
- Don’t be overwhelmed by the process of de-cluttering. Do it as time allows.
- Don’t hang on to stuff that’s not needed. If someone else can use it, part with the item.
- Appreciate the additional space that’s created in the home or environment.
- Be thankful that other people will be blessed by the overflow from your life.
What tips do you have for creating space or being a blessing? Do share.
Let me also invite you to take a peek at Sold!
Feechi has her hands full with working and balancing life as a single mother. Her son becomes obsessed with owning a dog they can’t afford. When Carsten sweeps into their life, will she make room in her heart for his generosity? Find out in Sold! amzn.to/3QrzvAW
National Bestselling Author, J.L. Campbell writes in a range of genres. Campbell, who hails from Jamaica, has penned forty books. She is a certified editor, and book coach. When she’s not writing, Campbell adds to her extensive collection of photos detailing Jamaica’s flora and fauna. Visit her on the web at amazon.com/author/jlcampbell or www.joylcampbell.com