I’ve been dieting for just over a month. You could say I’m preparing for the upcoming holidays. I’ve taken off over 10 pounds using 2 methods – intermittent fasting and eating in a calorie deficit. This seems to be the formula that works for me, but, of course, everyone is different. However, the point of this blog is to let you know that I’ve come up with a salad dressing that is tasty, fat-free, and low in calories. I hope you’ll try it. Let me know in the comments if you like it.
Greek Yogurt Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Makes about 3/4 cup of dressing (6 servings) Serving size: 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup Greek Fat-Free Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Buttermilk Powder
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fresh Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Dill Weed
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of White Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Water (to thin)
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a glass jar and shake to combine. Store in the refrigerator. For best flavor, allow to sit for at least 4 hours. Shake before serving. Keeps for up to 1 week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
At just 20 calories for a generous 2 tablespoon serving, this dressing is good on green salads or grain salads. It’s also good drizzled on fresh vegetables (carrots, celery, zucchini, etc.). I also use this to make egg salad.
Check out this month’s FREE and Bargain-Priced books and anthologies.
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three-time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, a Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time winner of Best Romance of the Year given by BigAl’s Books & Pals Review Blog. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #5.