Let’s face it, we all overeat now and then. Whenever I overindulge, I do what I can to get myself back on track as quickly as possible. Here’s a list of my go-to snacks when I’m focused on sticking to 1200-1400 calories per day:
- 1 cup frozen seedless green grapes – 65 calories
- 1/4 cup wasabi peas – 100 calories
- 1/2 cup of slow-churned ice cream – 100 calories
- 2 stalks celery (about 7” long) and 2 tablespoons hummus – 100 calories
- 30 goldfish crackers – 100 calories
- 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and a small wedge of cantaloupe – 100 calories
- 2 tablespoons PB2 spread on 1/2 granny smith apple – 90 calories (PB2 is powdered peanut butter that is 80% fat free. Mix 2 tablespoons PB2 with 1 tablespoon water.)
- 1/2 of a medium-sized baked potato and a heaping tablespoon of salsa – 100 calories
- 8 baby carrots – 100 calories
- 2 Tablespoons PB2 spread on 2 stalks celery – 66 calories
- 1 cup of tomato soup – 75 calories
- 1/2 banana (sliced and frozen) dipped in 2 teaspoons dark chocolate chips (melted) – 100 calories
- 1/3 cup Greek Gods Vanilla Honey yogurt – 96 calories
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon – 75 calories
- Banana smoothie – blend 1/2 a banana, 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, and a handful of crushed ice – 100 calories
- 2 long pretzel rods dipped in 2 teaspoons yellow mustard – 77 calories
- 1/2 cup steamed edamame (shelled) with a splash of soy sauce – 100 calories
- 16 cherry tomatoes sliced in half, 1/8 cup crumbled feta cheese, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice – 95 calories
What are YOUR go-to snacks when you’re trying to get your diet and your weight back on track?
~ ~ ~
This month, I’m offering A REASON TO BELIEVE to Kindle readers for just 99¢. You save $3 off the regular price!
A Real Fairy Tale
It seems like a grand idea, temporarily trading her pixie wings for a womanly form to help handsome widower Paul Roland with his baby girl. And the moment she holds the precious bairn in her arms, Fern knows true happiness for the first time.
But Fern never anticipates the dizzying emotions she feels for the man who not only needs her as a nanny, but as a woman whose passion can heal his wounded heart. Suddenly the forbidden fairy rule she gently bends because of the baby is in danger of being irrevocably broken.
Some things are meant to be…
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three-time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, a Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time winner of Best Romance of the Year given by BigAl’s Books & Pals Review Blog. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #5.