Summer officially begins in June.
This year finds us in a very different place. Children have been out of school and are remote learning. Many parents are working from home and balancing how to do it all, and do it well. Celebrations–the staple of summer–are being postponed or canceled entirely. Staying at home means not seeing our friends or family. It has been a difficult time, but necessary in order to keep people healthy.
We have spent so much time together, how will this summer be special and different? Here is a list of ideas:
- Have a movie marathon, sit on the floor with lots of pillows, popcorn in a dark room, just like a theater. Or have a Drive-In experience under the stars.
- Speaking of stars, look up! Try to find the constellations and the brightest stars.
- Choose a new, or long abandoned interest. Sewing, knitting, painting, and of course, summer reading.
- Start a garden and reap the rewards of fresh produce.
- Go camping in your back yard and sleep in a tent.
- Barbecue, and enjoy s’mores for dessert.
- If possible, set up a backyard swimming pool.
- Go horseback riding!
How do you plan to make this summer special? Please leave your comments below.
Start your summer with my newest sweet contemporary beach read, 1-800-SUMMER!
The last thing she can fix is her own life. Until one man’s offer changes everything.
Belle stirs the ashes of Andrew’s loneliness, but his first priority is doing whatever’s necessary to keep his daughter’s favorite equine therapist from drifting away. He never expected, when he set out to build the barn of Belle’s dreams, that he’d be building something else. A home for their hearts.
1-800-SUMMER is available in ebook, Paperback, and Large Print Paperback. Grab your ebook copy at the special #newrelease price of only 99¢ for a limited time.
Josie Riviera is a USA TODAY Bestselling Author of contemporary, inspirational, and historical sweet romances that read like Hallmark movies. She lives in the Charlotte, NC, area with her wonderfully supportive husband. They share their home with an adorable Shih Tzu who constantly needs grooming and live in an old house forever needing renovations.