Corn Pudding is a side dish that’s served in many homes in Southern USA. If you’ve never tried this, you are in for a treat. It’s very easy to make and it tastes so good. I should point out that other Corn Pudding recipes call for up to 1/2 cup of sugar. I find that way too sweet. One eighth cup of sugar adds plenty of sweetness for me and my family. Oh, I also should mention that this casserole cooks from the outside in, so don’t skip the last instruction to stir the ingredients half way through the baking time. This step assures that the pudding will be cooked all the way through. Remove the corn pudding from the oven, stir thoroughly, then return to the oven for the final 30 minutes of baking time.
- 12 ounces frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 (17-ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons McCormick’s seasoned salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Stir together the whole corn, the cream corn, and the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine corn starch, seasoned salt, dry mustard, and shallot.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the milk and butter.
- Pour into an oiled 13-inch x 9-inch pan. I use cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 60 minutes, stirring thoroughly after 30 minutes.
This is my USA TODAY Bestselling Romance. I am proud that so many readers have enjoyed this books.
About the book: When her teenager lands in serious trouble with the law, Tyne Whitlock knows she must reach out to the boy’s father—a powerful attorney who is unaware he has a son.
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three-time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, a Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time winner of Best Romance of the Year given by BigAl’s Books & Pals Review Blog. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #5.