Making frosted Mason jars is fun. This craft is easy enough for kids to do and the end product is just beautiful. Make one or a dozen; it’s up to you. These make a fantastic home-made holiday or hostess gift.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salt
- 1 teaspoon White Glitter
- 1 Mason Jar
- Mod Podge
- Sponge Paint Brush
- Jute Twine
- Evergreen Sprigs
- Battery-operated tea light
Here’s what to do:
- Place Epsom salt and glitter into a pie tin or shallow baking pan (large enough to keep the mixture contained and off countertops and floors). Mix thoroughly.
- Using the sponge paint brush, paint the entire outside of the mason jar with mod podge. Work quickly to ensure mod podge does not dry.
- Cover the jar with the Epsom salt and glitter mixture. You can dip it until it is covered, or scoop the mixture and sprinkle it over the wet mod podge. Coat thoroughly. Set aside and allow to dry completely.
- Gently dab mod podge over the Epsom salt and glitter to set the coating. Set aside and allow to dry completely.
- Wrap the jute twine several times around the threads at the top of the jar, adding an evergreen sprig. Secure with a knot or bow.
- Place the battery-operated tea light inside. Enjoy the sparkly glow.
- Use any size jar. This will also work with clear flower vases, baby food jars, or other clear glass containers.
- If you can’t find Mod Podge, look for basic white liquid glue.
- Swap out colorful curling ribbon for the jute twine, if you like.
- Use fake evergreen sprigs or forage for real evergreens outside.
- If you don’t mind having live flames, use a regular tea light candle in place of the battery-operated one.
I am an Amazon affiliate. Using the links provided means I earn a few pennies on qualifying purchases. Thank you!
If you enjoy holiday romances, please check mine!
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three-time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, a Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time winner of Best Romance of the Year given by BigAl’s Books & Pals Review Blog. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #5.