Baked Oatmeal is delicious! My husband took over my kitchen yesterday and made this treat for me. It has just a touch of sweetness from the maple syrup and the raisins, and the melty chocolate chips make me want a second helping! This baked dish is best served warm. It is perfect for breakfast or brunch. And if a scoop of vanilla ice cream were added, it would make a wonderful dessert.
Bill’s Baked Oatmeal
For the batter:
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
For decoration (optional):
- 1 medium very ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour batter into the pan and level with a spatula. Add some banana slices on top, if desired.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is slightly golden and edges have dried.
Have you visited our June Featured Books Page? You should! You’ll find lots of free and bargain books available!
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three-time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, a Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time winner of Best Romance of the Year given by BigAl’s Books & Pals Review Blog. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #5.