I made this cookie recipe for Thanksgiving and the chocolaty, rich cookies were a big hit! I hope you enjoy them.
Caramel Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips, or semi-sweet
- 30 soft caramel candies, unwrapped (I used Werther’s Soft Caramels)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat baking mat and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip the butter until smooth and creamy, about a minute or so. Add the brown sugar and the granulated sugar. Continue beating on medium speed for 2 more minutes, until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Then add the vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix until smooth, scraping sides of bowl to fully incorporate ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, measure out the flour, sift in the cocoa, and stir to combine the two. Turn mixer to low and add the flour/cocoa mixture to the wet ingredients, a little at a time, mixing until just until the dough comes together.
- Remove the mixing paddle and stir in chocolate chips with a large spoon.
- Flatten caramels a bit using a rolling pin.
- Scoop dough using a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop and then form a well in the middle of each ball of dough. Press a caramel into the indention and seal dough around caramel, making sure no caramel is exposed. Place cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are set. Do not overbake. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you enjoy holiday romance novels, I have several to offer.
Join the Authors' Billboard Newsletter mailing list and get a newsletter filled with new releases and books on sale every Friday.
Start out your subscription with a free book!
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three-time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, a Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time winner of Best Romance of the Year given by BigAl’s Books & Pals Review Blog. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #5.
WOW – WOW – WOW!! That looks so good!
Wow, those look delicious!
Looks and sounds yummy,
Yikes, a must-make!
I’ve had requests for this recipe already – mmmm good!!