At some point, anxiety and stress affect everyone. They can manifest differently in different people, and the level of anxiety one experiences can vary. According to professionals, there are ways to manage anxiety, even if it feels out of control.
According to the Anxiety & Depression Association of America, here are some easy ways to cope when you’re feeling anxious or stressed:
- Take a time-out. Practice yoga, listen to music, meditate, get a massage, or learn relaxation techniques. Stepping back from the problem helps clear your head. [Yoga and swimming in the pool do wonders for me]
- Eat well-balanced meals. Do not skip any meals. Do keep healthful, energy-boosting snacks on hand. [ During the pandemic, I snacked on dry fruit and nuts, and added 10lbs].
- Limit alcohol and caffeine, which can aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks. [When stressed, I increase my intake of alcohol and coffee]
- Get enough sleep. When stressed, your body needs additional sleep and rest.
- Exercise daily to help you feel good and maintain your health. Check out the fitness tips below. [How come I feel so tired when stressed?]
- Take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly. [Easy]
- Count to 10 slowly. Repeat, and count to 20 if necessary. [Easy]
- Do your best. Instead of aiming for perfection, which isn’t possible, be proud of however close you get. [Who cares about perfection when stressed?]
- Accept that you cannot control everything. Put your stress in perspective: Is it really as bad as you think? [When I’m stressed, everything is bad!]
- Welcome humor. A good laugh goes a long way. [Yes, please. Give us a daily joke]
- Maintain a positive attitude. Make an effort to replace negative thoughts with positive ones. [Positive thoughts come from daydreaming a new plot for a book]
- Get involved. Volunteer or find another way to be active in your community, which creates a support network and gives you a break from everyday stress. [I did. It added a new stress!]
- Learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school, or something else you can identify? Write in a journal when you’re feeling stressed or anxious, and look for a pattern. [All of the above]
- Talk to someone. Tell friends and family you’re feeling overwhelmed, and let them know how they can help you. [I often do, and then they complain I’ve managed to stress them]
- If the above don’t work, talk to a physician or therapist for professional help.
- OR READ A GOOD BOOK!!!
New Release KISSING PLANS (Love Plans Series, book 6)
From best friend to lovers. But she’s engaged. What better way to get rid of the undesired fiancé? Finding him a girlfriend.
To be Released on August 25 FAMILY PLANS (Love Plans Series, book 7)
The plane crash devastated two families and revealed painful secrets. Can a brighter future arise from those ashes at Christmas time?
FREE on August 18, 19, 20, 21 DATING PLANS (Love Plans Series, book 2)
Attraction sizzles between Matt and Brenda, and he bonds with Mia. Happiness finally seems within grasp for mother and daughter until the bullies in Mia’s class pull her into their web again.
Brenda’s past return to haunt her when Mia’s father enters the picture. Crushed by this new betrayal, Matt steps away. Is there any hope left for Matt and Brenda to build a future together?
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, Mona Risk, received an Outstanding Achiever Award from Affaire de Coeur Magazine. She’s a two time winner of Best Contemporary Romance of the Year from Readers Favorite; a winner of Best Romance Novel of the Year from Preditors & Editors Readers Poll; and an EPIC Award finalist.
Mona Risk’s name has often been posted on the Amazon.com 100 Most Popular Authors in Romance list, and her books have garnered: Top Pick, Outstanding Read, Sweetheart of the Week, and Best Book of the Week from various reviewers, and received two mentions in Publisher’s Weekly.
Mona lives in South Florida and has traveled to more than eighty countries on business or vacation. She writes contemporary romances, medical romance, romantic suspense, and paranormal fantasy. Sprinkled with a good dose of humor, her stories are set in the fascinating places she visited or more simply at home.
If you like to travel and love to read, come and enjoy her international romances. Meet the spirited heroines and special heroes who share irresistible chemistry in stories that simmer with emotion.