These petite cherry cheesecakes are easy enough for a casual, everyday meal, but they look fancy enough for a special occasion. Whatever your gathering, these little gems are sweet and lusciously creamy. You and your guests will love them.
Petite Cherry Cheesecakes
- 24 vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 24 regular-size muffin cups with paper liners (I prefer the fancy silver liners). Place 1 vanilla wafer cookie in the bottom of each cup. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and the extract with electric mixer on medium-high speed 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Spoon evenly into muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from muffin cups to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, top each cheesecake with generous tablespoon of pie filling and sprinkle with almonds.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Who’s in the mood for a women’s fiction novel?
I’ve got one just for you! FINDING FIONA
If her husband turns up alive—she’ll kill him!
Explaining to the seriously sexy cop why she hasn’t noticed her husband has been missing for three days is both embarrassing and sobering. But the day Fiona Rowland lifts her head above the churning chaos of kids, carpools, and a million things to do, annoyance turns to fury…then to worry. Where is Stanley?
Having one of those wake-up-and-smell-the-coffee moments changes the way a woman looks at things: marriage, money, family, and friends. And when her best pal from high school arrives (packing her own secrets) to lend support, it turns out even the past isn’t quite what it seems. Scrambling to make sense of the drama unfolding, Fiona discovers there’s an upside to having your whole world turned upside down. It’s easier to grab the good stuff.
A delightful mixture of women’s fiction, chick-lit, romantic comedy, and mystery, Finding Fiona has something for every reader. The discussion questions included at the back of the book make this the perfect novel for book clubs and reader groups.
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three-time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, a Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time winner of Best Romance of the Year given by BigAl’s Books & Pals Review Blog. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #5.