Now that I’ve been fully vaccinated, life is opening up a bit. My son, his wife, and my granddaughter recently came for a 4-day visit. It was so nice to spend time with them. I baked White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies for the event. I had never baked these cookies before because white chocolate never appealed to me and macadamia nuts are so darned expensive. But I decided to give them a try and they were delicious! Here’s my recipe:
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 11 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
(Note: coarsely chop 1 cup of the nuts and leave 1/2 cup whole)
- Heat oven to 375° F. Cream the sugars, butter, and shortening together. Once they’re fully incorporated, mix in the eggs and the vanilla.
- Add flour, soda, salt. Stir to combine.
- Add white chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I use a non-stick baking mat). Bake until light brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
June is the month to celebrate brides!
I have several books that feature weddings and brides and grooms. Please check them out:
If you love Marriage of Convenience stories, try these:
Do you have a funny or unusual wedding story to share? Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
Join the Authors' Billboard Newsletter mailing list and get a newsletter filled with new releases and books on sale every Friday.
Start out your subscription with a free book!
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three-time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, a Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time winner of Best Romance of the Year given by BigAl’s Books & Pals Review Blog. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #5.
Just copied and printed out this recipe. My kids are coming in a week and I think these will be a perfect treat for them. Thanks xo