We’ve arrived. It’s May!
Hopefully, those April showers bring us May flowers. I am looking forward to everything blooming.
It can be difficult to see the BEAUTY in the world right now, and yet, it is there.
Here are a few beautiful things that have stood out to me recently:
- Mother’s Day certainly was different, but celebrating our mothers, adoptive mothers, step-moms, or our “chosen” moms continued. We still celebrated them and what they mean to us, even if it was in a different way.
- Students will still receive their diplomas and degrees. They have worked hard to earn them, and that will not change.
- I expect parents have found a new appreciation for teachers.
- ZOOM calls are not just for business anymore, and who knew they were so fun! Many people are having virtual game nights, happy hours, book clubs, crafting circles, the ideas only limited by your imagination. I even had a friend say that she feels more connected right now because of using ZOOM.
- This extra time has become a freedom for many of us. People are getting outside for walks, learning new things, families are playing games, and many are really connecting.
- Communities here and around the world are coming together to support each other. The posts and videos of people applauding healthcare workers, orchestras performing free concerts, and people having parades to celebrate birthdays are heartwarming.
Let’s take the good we’ve found during these challenging days to carry with us in May.
What beauty do you find in the month of May? Please leave your comments below.
Grab my new recipe book, Recipes From The Heart.
Are you drawn back to certain recipes because they bring up memories?
A heartwarming story is the hallmark of a romantic read, and every one of my books contains a recipe submitted by a reader, my beloved mother or grandmother, or friends in Ireland.
Now these recipes are all together in one book for easy referral.
Savor the magic of my sweet reads—from Tudor to Contemporary, Holiday to Homemade fudge.
Enjoy your happiest moments spent in the kitchen, and bring back the joy and memory of my sweet romances, and the recipes created by my characters.
Each recipe is a grand celebration of love.
Josie Riviera is a USA TODAY Bestselling Author of contemporary, inspirational, and historical sweet romances that read like Hallmark movies. She lives in the Charlotte, NC, area with her wonderfully supportive husband. They share their home with an adorable Shih Tzu who constantly needs grooming and live in an old house forever needing renovations.