Hi! My name is Joan, and I’m a…a…Binge Reader.
There I said it. Whew! I feel so much better now.
I’ve been a binge reader my entire life. I was the kid with the book and flashlight under the covers because I couldn’t bear to close my book at night.
Come to think of it, that may be why I’m an insomniac. At any rate, I still read far past my bedtime at night.
Wonderful World of Ebooks
Today’s ebook world is a wonderland for readers like me. I think the Kindle is one of the best inventions ever.
Another great invention? Box sets! Wow. How did we binge readers get along before there were box sets.
My trusty Kindle is loaded with happily-ever-after box sets so I can happily read one book after another. We here at Authors Billboard have embraced the concept of box sets and offer several to readers who are like me.
Are you a binge reader too? If you suspect you are but aren’t sure, here’s a questionnaire that will help you discover whether you too suffer from this awesome disorder.
Binge Reader Questionnaire
- Are you unable to place a bookmark and close a book once you’ve started reading?
- When you finish a book, do you immediately start reading another one?
- In the rare event that you have no books to read, do you find yourself in an online bookstore and don’t know how you got there?
- Would you rather read than watch TV?
- Do you sneak a read when you’re supposed to be doing something else like laundry, working on a spreadsheet, or cooking dinner for the family?
- Do you stay up late at night reading even when you’re tired and should be sleeping?
- Do you have stacks of books to read and a full ereading device, but you can’t resist buying another book or box set?
- Have you ever said: I can quit any time I want?
If you answered yes to at least half of these questions, you may have a problem. If you answered yes to all of them, you’re a Binge Reader. You probably have a cluttered home and piles of work awaiting you.
Who cares? There are worse addictions than reading. Look on the bright side.
- You’re well-read.
- You can converse on many different subjects.
- Your kids are probably readers too, and that’s helped them develop critical thinking skills.
- And you’re probably happy.
- If you’re happy, chances are, your family is happy too.
Check out our July Giveaway. I hope you’ll click my Rafflecopter button even though my name is listed as Joanne rather than Joan. *LOL*
While you’re at the July Giveaway page, take a peek at all the wonderful box sets available from The Authors of Authors Billboard.
By the way, pick up a copy of my free romance short story LuvU4Ever, Book 1 of A Moment in Time.
He promised to love her forever? So what happened? Can nine little words destroy love? “I told you to never call me at home.”
Joan Reeves—Keeping Romance Alive…One Sexy Book at a Time—is a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author of Contemporary Romance. From Romantic Comedy to Romantic Thriller, all of her books have the same premise: “It’s never too late to live happily ever after.” Joan lives her happily-ever-after with her hero, her husband, in the Lone Star State. They divide their time between a book-cluttered home in Houston and a quiet house in the Texas Hill Country where they sit on the porch, stare at the big night sky, and listen to the coyotes howl. Sign up for Joan’s Mailing List and be the first to know about new books and giveaways.