November brings cool, crisp temperatures, gorgeous colorful leaves, delicious family feasts, and Pumpkin Roll! My family goes crazy for Pumpkin Roll. In this Pumpkin Roll recipe, I use a ready-made spice blend that includes cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and allspice… all the tastes that celebrate autumn.
Pumpkin Roll Recipe
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Roll cake:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice blend
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Roll filling:
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
More powdered sugar for garnish if desired
- For cake: Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan; line with parchment paper. Allow 2-inches of overhang on the 15-inch sides of the pan for easy removal. Spray the parchment with baking spray so it will peel off the cake.
- Combine flour, baking powder, spice mix, and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and the white and brown sugars in larger mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Gently stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto a clean, dry cotton towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
- For filling: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- Carefully unroll cooled cake; remove towel. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Re-roll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate Pumpkin Roll at least four hours. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Did you know we are running a giveaway? Are you interested in winning a gift card or a free book? Click here to find out more details on this month’s contest. You can’t win if you don’t play!
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three-time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, a Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time winner of Best Romance of the Year given by BigAl’s Books & Pals Review Blog. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #5.