Here is just one of the recipes included in the book:
Christmas Eve Lasagna, from HER MR. MIRACLE, by Donna Fasano
Family is all important to Adam Rone—and so is tradition. That’s why the rag-tag family he’s assembled spends Christmas Eve together, laughing and making memories. Now, Veronica Clark, on the other hand, couldn’t give two hoots about tradition. In fact, she’s running from her family as hard as she can. But she’s stranded in Adam’s town, and this miraculous man intends to help her. Looks like she might just tumble nose over toes in love with HER MR. MIRACLE.
Makes 12 servings
9 lasagna noodles
1 lb. ground mild Italian sausage
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
1 15-oz can crushed tomatoes
2 6-oz cans tomato paste
1 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsps sugar
3 Tbsps plus 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced, divided
1 Tbsp dried basil leaves
3/4 tsp fennel seed
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 15-oz container ricotta cheese
1 large egg, beaten
4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, drain. Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook sausage, beef, and onion over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat is brown, breaking meat into crumbles. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Drain off fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, sugar, 3 tablespoons parsley, basil, fennel, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 cup parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Preheat oven 350° F. Assemble lasagna: Spread 2 cups meat sauce to coat the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture evenly over noodles. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan evenly over ricotta. Repeat layers twice more. Top with remaining sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Dish will be full.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 minutes or until bubbly around the sides and golden on top. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Cover and leftovers and store in the refrigerator. Will keep for 5 days.
Download FAVORITE HOLIDAY RECIPES cookbook free:
USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR DONNA FASANO is a three-time winner of the HOLT Medallion, a CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award winner for Best Single Title, a Desert Rose Golden Quill Award finalist, a Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time winner of Best Romance of the Year given by BigAl’s Books & Pals Review Blog. Her books have sold nearly 4 million copies worldwide and have been published in two dozen languages. Her books have made the Kindle Top 100 Paid List numerous times, climbing as high as #5.