There are 12 steps to setting up a goal for yourself and having any real possibility of success. Take these seriously – they really work. And be realistic. Some ambitions are just not possible. You know it so don’t set yourself up to fail.
- A personal desire – you are the writer of the goal – this is your dream.
- Conviction of your desire – choose a realistic goal – no flying to the moon.
- Write it down. If it’s not written, it’s not a goal. It has no substance. You have neurological pathways that will react to this prompting so seriously, WRITE – IT – DOWN!
- Understand where you are now – start point.
- List the benefits – how they’ll pay off when your goal is reached.
- Set a realistic, time specific, doable deadline – make sure it’s not stressful. If you can’t meet it, re-set the timeline but never give up the goal.
- Set up 50% increments on accomplishing this goal – say each month until it becomes a habit and you’re not overwhelmed.
- Identify obstacles that stop you from achieving the goal – be aware of these obstructions.
- Identify the knowledge and skills it will take to accomplish your goal.
- Identify people who can help you and spend time with them. ( eg-teachers)
- List activities in two formats using steps 7-9. (a) most important, (b) Chronologically
- Visualize success. Picture it in your mind or in the world.
Personally, I know this goal-setting works. If you’re serious and perform these steps religiously, you WILL reach your goal. Two years ago, I wrote down that I wanted to hit the USA Today list and soon I became involved with a box collection called Ten Christmas Brides. We did it. Last year I wrote down on the same paper that I wanted to be on the New York Times list and it happened. Now, I truly believe in this concept.
So try it, why not. What can you lose?
Mimi Barbour, New York Times Best-selling author has recently released the third book in her popular Undercover FBI Series called Special Agent Maximilian. The reviews are outstanding!!
“Special Agent Maximilian is a must read, a Five star plus read!” ~ reviewed by Chrissybear77
In this electrifying romantic suspense set in the steamy streets of New Orleans, Lieutenant Commander Nik Baudin, accidently meets up with an identical twin he never knew existed. When his brother Max goes missing, Nik assumes his identity as Special Agent Maximilian. This gives him access to FBI files making it easier to arrest the gangsters who attacked his brother and to stop their trafficking of underage girls. Being that Nik has specialized commando training, he’s the perfect man for the job – that’s if his PTSD doesn’t kick in and leave him cowering in a corner.
Special Agent Maya Barnes can’t believe it when she spots her partner, Max Foster, wandering along the French market without a care in the world. Since he’d been beaten and had gone missing weeks earlier, they all believed him dead. There’s only one problem… though this man might look exactly like the missing agent, she knows differently. In all the years they’ve worked together, she’s never wanted to have mind-blowing sex with her partner before.
NYT & USA Today, best-selling, award-winning author, MIMI BARBOUR, has seven romance series to her credit. She also has many single titles and a huge number of box sets – her own and multi-author collections.
Mimi lives on the East coast of Vancouver Island with her husband and writes her various romances with tongue in cheek and a mad glint in her eye. She’s been known to say: “If I can steal a booklover’s attention away from their everyday grind, absorb them into a fantasy love story, and make them care about the ending, then I’ve done my job.”
**Sign up for her monthly newsletter at http://mimibarbour.com
Her reviews are numerous and incredibly positive:
“Love Mimi Barbour, love her books. When you can read a book that within just a few words, you are brought right into the book. You feel, taste, see everything going on. Great story lines. Fantastic characters, fantastic plots, story lines like real life both honest folk and of crooks. Humor that will have you giggling then full on belly laugh. You may even shed a tear or two. All in all, Mimi never disappoints.” ~ Reviewed by Shirleen Miller