September at the Seashore can be a beautiful experience. The water is still warm enough for swimming and surfing. There is an end-of-summer silkiness to the salty breeze. The sunshine is glorious and golden. School is back in session and family vacations are over which means there is plenty of sand to spread out your blanket. Here are a few beach tips to help you breeze through your end of summer visit. And after you’ve read the beach tips, keep reading! You’ll learn about the September at the Seashore Sale!
- Baby powder is amazing when it comes to removing sand. Just sprinkle some powder on your skin and the sand falls off.
- Consider cutting out the suit linings of children’s bathing suits so that large accumulations of sand don’t create droopy drawers.
- Mesh bags are perfect for storing sand toys. The mesh allows airflow which will dry the toys quickly, and sand will fall right through the mesh.
- Bring along some leave-in hair conditioner and apply it when you get out of the ocean to prevent tangles as your hair dries.
- Freeze the water in your water bottle. It will serve as an ice pack to keep your lunch cool, and when you need a drink, the water will be nice and cold.
- Clean out last year’s sunscreen tubes and use them to hide valuables. Simply cut the flat end with scissors, wash, dry, then apply strips of Velcro to the inside and, ta-dah, the perfect hiding place.
- Bring extra zip-close plastic bags to protect cell phones, e-readers, and other electronics. When you’re ready to go home, use the plastic bags to carry those seashell collections home.
- Apply vinegar to sun-kissed skin (be careful not to get it into your eyes). Wait 15 minutes and then shower in cool water. The vinegar will balance the skin’s pH level and take out most of the sting. It also reduces blisters that lead to peeling. This beach tip really works!
- Don’t bring expensive sunglasses to the beach! One big wave hits, and the glasses are gone forever. Instead, purchase cheap glasses that offer protection but won’t leave you sad if they’re lost at sea.
Now that you have the beach tips you need, go out there and have some fun!
Need a beach read for your September at the Seashore? Try THE WEDDING PLANNER’S SON, Book 6 of the Ocean City Boardwalk Series. Save $2 for a limited time when you buy this book for just 99¢. This is a limited time offer.
The Ocean City Boardwalk Series isn’t just fun in the sun—love is waiting on those sandy shores!
Tawny McNealy is a driven, high-achiever who fully expects to someday take over and run the family accounting firm. But when an attempt is made to use her as a pawn, Tawny flees to the only place she’s ever felt truly free and happy—the beach.
Jack Barclay spends his summer days creating romantic seaside weddings for lovers. His laid-back attitude has served him well over the years. He feels stressing out about work only causes a person to miss the best parts of life.
Jack and Tawny are as different as sea and sky, but the fascination they find in each other’s company can’t be denied. Can they withstand the crazy twists that fate tosses their way?
Grab this book while it’s still on sale!
Also available at regular price in Paperback