Hey, baby, it’s COLD outside! I live on the east coast of the US and we’re experiencing bitter cold temperatures this week. I decided the best way to warm up my house would be to turn on the oven and bake something delicious. This is the perfect winter recipe! Apple Banana Bread contains no eggs or dairy, yet it turned out delicious: light, moist, and full of flavor. This makes a wonderful afternoon “tea time” or “coffee break” snack.
Apple Banana Bread
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup sugar
2 large, ripe bananas
1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tart apple, grated
1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat over to 350°F. Prepare a loaf pan using non-stick spray.
- Mix together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, sugar. Stir until combined.
- Add the banana to a food processor. Pulse to mash. Add the milk, molasses, oil, and vanilla to the processor bowl and process until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Add the apple and walnuts, stir just until evenly distributed. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for a bit before removing from pan.
The older I get, the less I like cold weather. How do you feel about winter?
~ ~ ~
Donna Fasano is a USA Today Bestselling Author. Her books have won awards and have sold 4 million copies worldwide. Sign up for her newsletter to learn of new releases and book sales.
Final Day! Don’t miss this sale! Sale ends at midnight, Jan 3rd!
New review! “This is a great story. I loved Fiona & Di. Very good storyline, believable, moved at the right pace, characters you rooted for & sympathized with. I highly recommend reading this.” 5 stars